Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken – these boneless chicken breasts are coated in mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and Panko crumbs and air fried until crispy.
The mayonnaise helps keep them fabulously moist. You can’t beat the combination of a juicy interior and crispy crust when it comes to chicken. Chicken is one of my favorite things to cook in the air fryer. Scroll Down for more air fryer chicken recipes.
These chicken breasts only need 12 to 15 minutes to cook in the air fryer. Less time than in the oven and they get much crisper than oven baked chicken.
How to make Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. You don’t need to add too much salt because both the mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese are salty.
- Spread the mayonnaise on both sides of the chicken.
- Press the chicken into the Panko, Parmesan, and paprika mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Spray the air fryer basket and chicken with oil.
- Air fry for 12 to 15 minutes, flipping halfway.
Because chicken breasts are so huge these days, I slice each one in half horizontally to form two thinner pieces. Not only does this take the chicken down to a proper portion size, it will cook much more quickly and evenly this way.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. You can reheat it in the air fryer or slice and eat it cold in a salad.
If you don’t slice your chicken into two thinner pieces, look for smaller chicken breasts. If you are using thicker chicken breasts, you will need to increase the cooking time.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes:
- Air Fryer Reuben Hasselback Chicken
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
- Air Fryer Spicy Chicken Tenders
Great Sides for Serving with This Recipe:
- Bacon Cauliflower Salad
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Healthy Apple Coleslaw
- Skinny Southern Green Beans
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken - these boneless chicken breasts are coated in mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and Panko crumbs and air fried until crispy.
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Cut each chicken piece in half horizontally into 2 thinner pieces.
Season with salt and pepper.
Combine the Panko crumbs, Parmesan, and paprika in a shallow dish.
Spread mayonnaise on both sides of chicken.
Press both sides of chicken into panko/parmesan mixture.
Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees.
Spray air fryer basket with oil and spray tops of chicken. Place chicken in basket.
Air fry for 12 to 15 minutes, flipping over halfway through.
Nutritional info is provided as an estimate only and can vary based on brands of products used, measuring techniques, and cooking methods.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.