Air Fryer Reuben Hasselback Chicken is such an easy and tasty low carb dinner. Slits are made along the length of chicken breasts and they are stuffed with a mixture of corned beef, swiss cheese, and sauerkraut. The chicken is then finished off with a drizzle of Thousand Island dressing. So much flavor!
This Air Fryer Jalapeno Popper Hasselback Chicken is the most popular recipe on Skinny Southern Recipes. I absolutely love making Hasselback Chicken in the Air Fryer and obviously other people do too. It’s like stuffed chicken, but even better. The filling is distributed evenly along the chicken so you get all the flavors in every bite. The chicken cooks in under 20 minutes making this chicken dish perfect for a weeknight meal.
And thanks to the Air Fryer, there’s no oil needed to make this recipe at all.
Tips For Making Air Fryer Reuben Hasselback Chicken:
- I use the Power XL Air Fryer and I love it. I also hear great things about the Ninja Air Fryer.
- You can easily double the recipe, but you’ll only be able to fit 2 chicken breasts in the air fryer basket at a time.
- Always use air fryer cooking times as an estimate. Different air fryers cook at different rates. The size of your chicken breasts will also affect the cooking time.
To make this recipe, you’ll make 5 to 6 slits going down the length of the chicken, being careful not to cut all the way through. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Stuff as much corned beef, swiss cheese and sauerkraut as you can in each slit.
While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings
- Quick and Easy Air Fryer Salmon
Air Fryer Reuben Hasselback Chicken
Air Fryer Reuben Hasselback Chicken is such an easy and tasty low carb dinner. Slits are made along the length of chicken breasts and they are stuffed with a mixture of corned beef, swiss cheese, and sauerkraut. The chicken is then finished off with a drizzle of Thhousand Island dressing. So much flavor!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 4 thin slices deli corned beef
- 6 thin slices swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, squeezed in paper towels to remove excess liquid
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free ketchup
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cucumber
Make 5 to 6 slits on the top of the chicken going about 3/4 of the way down.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Tear corned beef and swiss cheese into pieces that can be stuffed into the slits.
Fill each slit with corned beef, then a little sauerkraut and then press the cheese down on top.
Lightly spray the air fryer basket. Place the chicken in the basket and air fry on 350 degrees for 18 minutes. Check to see if chicken is cooked through. If not, air fry for a few more minutes.
While chicken is cooking, stir the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
Drizzle the sauce over the cooked chicken and serve.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Leave a Reply