Green Bean and Yellow Squash Saute makes a tasty side for dinner. Easy to make, it’s flavored with Italian seasoning, roasted red peppers, and a few crunchy pecans.
How To Serve Green BEan and Yellow Squash Saute
Goes great with chicken, pork, or steak. It’a a low carb, gluten-free side that only takes about 15 minutes to make.
I sometimes struggle with what to make when it comes to side dishes. One veggie sides can get a little boring so a vegetable saute featuring multiple vegetables is a great way to add tons of flavor and good nutrition to a meal.
- Pecans– walnuts or almonds can be substituted.
- Olive oil– Avocado oil or canola oil can be substituted.
- Green Beans– cut them into 1 to 2 inch pieces so they cook faster and are easier to eat.
- Yellow Squash– can use zucchini instead.
- Italian Seasoning
- Roasted Red Peppers
To spice it up, add a quarter teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
For extra flavor, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese or crumbled feta cheese before serving.
Keeps and reheats well so make a double batch and have leftovers for a meal later in the week.
More Healthy Sides
- Crispy Roasted Okra and Bacon
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Bacon Pecan Cabbage
- Lemon Butter Broccoli
- Fresh Corn and Zucchini Saute
- Japanese Zucchini
Green Bean and Yellow Squash Saute
Green Bean and Yellow Squash Saute makes a tasty side for dinner. Easy to make, it's flavored with Italian seasoning, roasted red peppers, and a few crunchy pecans.
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 to 2-inch pieces
- 1 large or 2 medium yellow squash, quartered lengthwise and then sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
Place pecans in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Toast for about 2 minutes, shaking pan frequently. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Heat oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add green beans and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add 1/3 cup of water to skillet and cook until mostly evaporated.
Add butter, squash, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes.
Sprinkle pecans on top and serve.