Low Carb Fried Cabbage and Bacon makes a quick and easy side dish that’s packed with flavor. Only a handful of ingredients are needed. There’s something magical about the combination of bacon and cabbage.
The only other ingredients needed are a splash of apple cider vinegar for some tang, a few crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat, and salt and pepper for seasoning.
Cabbage is one of my favorite vegetables. I sometimes eat this Low Carb Fried Cabbage and Bacon as a main dish I love it so much.
Tips for making Low Carb Fried Cabbage and Bacon
- Use the biggest frying pan you have. The cabbage will intially take up alot of space, but will shrink considerably.
- Stir frequently to make sure the cabbage cooks evenly.
- If you like onion, you can add a medium sweet onion that’s been thinly sliced. Add it with the cabbage.
- Cook this dish to suit your tastes. If you like your cabbage crunchy, cook it for less time. If you like your cabbage very soft, cook longer.
More Healthy Side Dishes
- Lemon Butter Broccoli
- Sriracha Honey Roasted Broccoli
- Skinny Southern Green Beans
- Easy Skillet Turnip Greens
Low Carb Fried Cabbage and Bacon
Low Carb Fried Cabbage and Bacon makes a quick and easy side dish that's packed with flavor. Only a handful of ingredients are needed.
- 8 slices bacon chopped
- 1 medium head green cabbage cored and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
Leave about 2 tablespoons of bacon grease in the pan. Add cabbage and 2 tablespoons of water and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 7 to 8 minutes.
Return bacon to skillet and add vinegar. Cook and stir for about another 5 to 8 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Add more water if cabbage is not cooking down enough. The steam will help it cook.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and add red pepper flakes.
Nutritional values are provided as a guide only.