Think you don’t like Mashed cauliflower? This low carb, keto-friendly Mashed Fauxtatoes recipe will change your mind. These fauxtatoes are perfectly creamy with lots of flavor.
Mashed potatoes is one of the foods I most miss on a low carb diet. It can be a little bit of a taste adjustment getting used to Mashed Fauxatoes, but trust me. You will come to love them. And your blood sugar and waist line will really love them. One cup of cooked cauliflower only has 4 net carbs compared to 30 for white potatoes.
If cooked the right way, Mashed Fautatoes can taste surprisingly similar to real, fluffy mashed potatoes.
TIPS FOR MAKING MASHED FAUXTATOES:
- You want your cooked cauliflower to be as dry as possible. Just use a little broth to steam it, don’t submerge it completely in broth.
- Dry the cooked cauliflower in paper towels to remove excess water.
- You’ll need to use an immersion blender or food processor to get the cauliflower smooth and creamy. Otherwise the texture will be off.
More Low Carb Side Dishes
Think you don't like Mashed cauliflower? This low carb, keto-friendly Mashed Fauxtatoes recipe will change your mind. These fauxtatoes are perfectly creamy with lots of flavor.
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- unsalted butter
- chopped chives
Pour bone broth into a large saucepan. There should only be about 1/2 and inch in the bottom of the saucepan. Use less than 2 cups if necessary.
Chop cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Bring broth to a boil and add cauliflower, chives, and garlic. Cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
Drain cauliflower well and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a food processor. Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese and process until cauliflower is completely smooth.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with butter and chives.
Recipe source: Keto Comfort Foods
Nutritional info is provided as a guide only and can vary greatly based on products and cooking methods used.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Leave a Reply