Pepperoncini Peppers and Ranch Dressing give these Low Carb Mississippi Chicken Thighs so much flavor. The meat is so tender and juicy and I love the peppery kick of the pepperoncini peppers.
If you are a fan of pepperoncini peppers, you will adore this low carb, keto-friendly dinner. Only a handful of ingredients are needed. The chicken gets baked in the oven for over an hour. The long baking time gives the flavors lots of time to blend and soak into the chicken. The meat becomes fall off the bone tender.
How to Make Low Carb Mississippi Chicken Thighs:
- First you’ll season the chicken thighs with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and sear them in some olive oil to get the skin browned and crispy. It’s one extra step but it is really important in building the flavor.
- Next transfer the chicken to a baking dish. Scatter a whole jar of drained pepperoncini peppers around the chicken.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of Ranch dressing on each piece of chicken and sprinkle on a little chopped fresh dill.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 25 minutes. Get ready to dig into some fabulously flavored chicken with the wonderful taste of pepperoncini peppers.
Tips For Making:
- It’s best to use skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs for this recipe.
- It can also be made with bone-in chicken breasts, but the cooking time needs to be reduced
- The amount of pepperoncini peppers can be reduced.
- To give this chicken even more of a kick, try adding a pinch or two of crushed red pepper flakes.
Low Carb Sides to serve with this chicken:
Low Carb Mississippi Chicken Thighs
Pepperoncini Peppers and Ranch Dressing give these Low Carb Mississippi Chicken Thighs so much flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (16-ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers, drained
- 8 tablespoons Ranch dressing, 1 gram of carbs or less
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and the garlic powder and onion powder.
Place the chicken thighs in the skillet and cook until the skin is browned on both sides.
Transfer chicken to a baking dish. Scatter the pepperoncini peppers around the chicken.
Top each chicken thigh with a tablespoon of Ranch dressing. Sprinkle the dill on top.
Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Uncover and bake another 25 minutes.
Disclosure: Nutritional info is provided as an estimate only and can vary based on brands of products used, measuring techniques, and cooking methods.