Crock Pot Low Carb Bourbon Chicken is an easy, sweet and savory southern crock pot meal with lots of bourbon flavor. Typically Bourbon Chicken is a high carb meal because it is loaded with sugar. But not this low carb version.
Using chicken tenderloins makes this recipe cook super quick and there’s only about 5 minutes of prep time.
The sauce is made up of bourbon, soy sauce, sugar-free ketchup, brown sugar erythritol, ground ginger, and crushed red pepper flakes. It is the perfect blend of salty, sweet, and spicy!
This recipe is great for the keto diet and only has 2.5 net carbs!
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT LOW CARB BOURBON CHICKEN:
- Place the chicken tenderloins in a lightly greased slow cooker.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- Add some Xanthan Gum if you want to thicken the sauce. Cook another 5 minutes on HIGH.
- Shred the chicken and you are ready to dig in!
TIPS FOR MAKING CROCK POT LOW CARB BOURBON CHICKEN:
- You can use chicken breasts and double the cooking time.
- You will need brown sugar erythritol. I use Swerve.
- To keep this meal low carb, serve it over caulirice instead or rice. For convenience, you can buy frozen caulirice at the grocery store. Find it in the freezer section.
More Low Carb Crock Pot Recipes:
Crock Pot Low Carb Bourbon Chicken
Crock Pot Low Carb Bourbon Chicken is an easy, sweet and savory southern crock pot meal with lots of bourbon flavor.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar-free ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar erythritol
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum optional
- sliced green onions
Lightly grease a 4 or 6-quart slow cooker. Add chicken tenderloins.
In a small bowl, stir together bourbon, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar erythritol, apple cider vinegar, ginger, red pepper flakes, and pepper. Pour over chicken.
Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
If you want to thicken the sauce, sprinkle the xanthan gum just a little at a time into the crock pot and whisk very well. It will clump if you add it too fast. Turn crock pot to high for 5 minutes.
Shred chicken with 2 forks and serve with green onions over caulirice.
Recipe adapted from Southern Keto
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Brian Nagele says
You know if you are not on Instagram, you should be. I know you can’t put text up, but just throw in a few pics and build an audience there. I think you’d find a ton of people who would be super interested in your blog here.
Had been craving and asian type flavor. This was fantastic, made it with a fried cauli rice and it was exactly what I had hoped. Next time I might splurge and add a few water chestnut slivers to the crockpot and some crushed peanuts on top. Thanks!!!
You forgot to out the garlic cloves in the instruction portiin. I assumed it gets mixed in with the sauce! 🙂 Chicken is in the slow cooker now. Can’t wait to see how it turns out!
The bourbon chicken sauce takes just a few minutes of prep the marinade and then it simmers in the slow cooker all day! The result is insanely tender chicken with a sweet Asian inspired sauce and lots of flavor.
This looks delicious but what is the carb/net carbs?
This looks good but soy sauce is high in sodium fo you have an alternative that may provide a similar taste.?