Crock Pot Paleo Sweet Potato Chili is spicy with chunks of sweet potato and lots of ground turkey. This hearty chili is healthiness in a bowl. It’s low in fat and carbs, gluten-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free and has lots of protein.
This chili is perfect for either the Paleo diet or Whole 30.
There’s also a little riced cauliflower added in for extra veggies. You can find it in the freezer section of your grocery store.
Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce add lots of smokiness and some heat. You can icrease the amount of chipotle peppers if you like your chili really spicy.
Tips for making Crock Pot Paleo Sweet Potato Chili
- Use a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into small chunks so that they get soft during the cooking time.
- This recipe makes a large amount. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for a good 3 days. It also freezes well so you can freeze half of the batch to eat at a later time.
- Use lean ground beef instead of ground turkey if you wish.
- I like to brown the ground turkey and soften the onions before adding them to the crock pot, but you can skip this step and add the uncooked turkey and onions directly to the crock pot.
This beanless, low-fat chili is the perfect way to warm up on a cold day, but it is light enough to eat all year long.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
Crock Pot Paleo Sweet Potato Chili
Crock Pot Paleo Sweet Potato Chili is spicy with chunks of sweet potato and lots of ground turkey. This hearty chili is healthiness in a bowl.
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (14-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) can beef broth
- 2 cups frozen riced cauliflower
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- cilantro and pickled jalapenos for serving, optional
Cook turkey in a large skillet, breaking it apart as it cooks. Add onion when turkey is about halfway cooked. Season with the salt and pepper and transfer to a 6-quart slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients. Stir to mix.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
Serve with cilantro and pickled jalapenos if desired.
Nutritional values are provided as a guideline only.