Cheesy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon are pan seared in bacon fat and butter and then baked in a cheesy, creamy sauce. It’s a low carb side dish that’s sure to please.
A combination of mozzarella cheese and white cheddar cheese makes these Brussels Sprouts taste divine. Brussels Sprouts never tasted so good.
Starting the dish on the stovetop gets the sprouts wonderfully caramelized and finishing them in the oven allows the cheese to get fantastically melted and a little golden.
The Brussels Sprouts get perfectly soft and have so much flavor. Nothing brings their flavor out better than bacon and cheese. Even people who are convinced they hate brussels sprouts will love this recipe. It is so delicious.
Cheesy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is the ultimate winter comfort food side dish. So good you’ll want to eat it as a main.
Tips for making:
- You could switch out the cheeses. Provolone, Gruyere and Parmesan cheese would taste great.
- Since this dish is cooked both on the stove and in the oven, you’ll need to use either a cast iron pan or an oven-safe stainless steel pan.
- Use the largest pan you have because you want to spread the sprouts out in a single layer if possible so they get nicely browned.
More Low Carb Sides:
Cheesy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Cheesy Bacon Brussels Sprouts are pan seared in bacon fat and butter and then baked in a cheesy, creamy sauce. It's a low carb side dish that's sure to please.
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels Sprouts, halved
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cook bacon in a large oven-proof skillet until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the butter to the bacon grease. Turn heat to medium-high.
When butter is melted, add Brussels sprouts. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir well, add onion and cook another 3 minutes.
Add salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper and cream.
Sprinkle the white cheddar and mozzarella cheese over Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle bacon on top.
Place pan in oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
Nutritional info is provided as a guide only and can vary based on products used, measuring techniques, and cooking methods.