Air Fryer Breakfast Burrito with Sausage is full of eggs, cheese, tater tots, and crumbled breakfast sausage. They air fry in just 6 minutes.
You have all your favorite breakfast ingredients rolled up in a warm, crispy tortilla. These burritos are such a delicious way to start the day.
This recipe is perfect for meal prep. You can make a bunch of them, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Then just pull one out when you need it and stick it in the air fryer.
- Tater Tots– I like crispy crowns but you can use regular tater tots, or even shredded hash browns. You do need to precook them which is easy to do in the air fryer.
- Breakfast Sausage– cooked and crumbled. Use “Hot” sausage if you want it spicy. Bacon can be used instead of sausage.
- Milk– to add to the eggs.
- Butter– to cook the eggs in.
- Shredded Mexican cheese– another cheese of your choosing can be used.
- Flour Tortillas– use the large, burrito-size tortillas.
Air Fryer Brekfast Burrito with Sausage Recipe Tips:
Cooking times can vary between different brands of air fryers so use the cooking time as an estimate. I have a Ninja Air Fryer and I love it.
I like to serve these Air Fryer Burritos with a little salsa. Fresh sour cream, guacamole, and pickled jalapenos are also great choices.
I recommend not using cooking spray when air frying. It leaves a residue that builds up on the air fryer basket and can ruin the nonstick coating. Use a spray bottle and fill it with vegetable oil or canola oil.
Try These Other Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes:
- Air Fryer French Toast Sausage Roll-Ups
- Air Fryer Low Carb Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Roll-Ups
- Air Fryer Buttermilk Biscuits
Air Fryer Breakfast Burrito
Air Breakfast Burrito with Sausage is full of eggs, cheese, tater tots, and crumbled breakfast sausage. They air fry in just 6 minutes.
- 2 cups frozen tater tots
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas
- salsa for serving
Cook tater tots at 400 degrees in the air fryer until crispy.
Cook and crumble the sausage in a nonstick skillet.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
Melt butter over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet. Scramble the eggs.
Place tortillas on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 30 seconds. This will help keep them from ripping when you roll the burritos.
Pile the tater tots, sausage, eggs, and cheese on the tortillas, forming a rectangle in the middle of each one.
Fold the bottom side over the filling, then fold the sides up and roll it away from you.
Place seam side down in the air fryer. Spray tops with oil.
Air fry at 360 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes.
Serve with salsa.
These make very large burritos, so I count a half of a burrito as 1 serving.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.