Healthy Crock Pot Chicken Chili is full of veggies, beans, and shredded chicken meat. This healthy chili is so flavorful and delicious. It’s a breeze to make in the slow cooker for a weeknight meal.
This Healthy Crock Pot Chicken Chili tastes great right out of the crock pot. Leftovers are even better. It will keep in the refrigerator for 5 days and it can be easily frozen.
You can add all the toppings you wish. I like sour cream, cilantro, pickled jalapenos, black olives, and diced avocados. Cheese is always good too.
Chili is one of my favorite fall and winter meals. I especially love how easy chili is to make in the crock pot. The prep for this Healthy Crock Pot Chicken Chili can be done in just 5 minutes, especially if you have the ingredients out and organized. Then the chili cooks on LOW for 6 hours. At this point the chicken will be really easy to shred.
Tips for making Healthy Crock Pot Chicken Chili:
- You can adjust the heat and make it spicier by using Hot Taco Seasoning and spicy salsa. For even more heat, add a teaspoon of hot sauce.
- I like to use chicken breasts but you could certainly substitute chicken thighs.
- I use both black beans and kidney beans, but any kind of beans can be used.
- If you want this chili to be low carb, you can omit the corn or use diced sweet potato instead.
More Crock Pot Recipes
- Crock Pot Low Carb Pizza Casserole
- Crock Pot Paleo Sweet Potato Chili
- Healthy Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken
Healthy Crock Pot Chicken Chili
Healthy Crock Pot Chicken Chili is full of veggies, beans, and shredded chicken meat. This healthy chili is so flavorful and delicious. It's a breeze to make in the slow cooker for a weeknight meal.
- 1 medium onion
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 (14-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- chopped fresh cilantro
Combine all ingredients and stir to mix.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Shred chicken. Serve with chopped fresh cilantro.
Recipe adapted from Skinny Taste
Nutritional values are provided as a guide only and can vary based on ingredients and brands used as well as cooking method.