This Almond Date Smoothie is not only wonderfully sweet, but also nutritious. It’s a uniquely flavored smoothie that’s a great way to start the day.
There’s no added sugar in this tasty breakfast smoothie. A combination of dates, banana, and almond butter adds plenty of sweeteness.
- Dates- add so much flavor. Look for dried Medjool dates.
- Almond Butter- adds more sweetness and a nutty flavor.
- Almond Milk- Provides the liquid plus some protein.
- Banana- more sweetness and lots of good nutrition.
- Hemp Seeds- A great protein source, plus they are rich in healthy fats and essential fatty acids.
Dates are great to use in the kitchen when you need some sweetness but want to stay away from sugar. Dates are high in fiber and anti-oxidants and they are an excellent natural sweetener.
Recipe Tip: Dates are hard to break down so you need a good blender. You can also soak the dates in the almond milk for 20 minutes before adding them to the blender. Blend the dates and almond butter with the almond milk before adding the ice. The ice can make the dates sieze up and then it is hard to get the smoothie smooth.
The combination of dates, almonds, and banana is a winning one. It’s like starting your day with dessert. This healthy smoothie will give you the fuel you need to make it through your day.
More Smoothie Recipes:
Almond Date Smoothie
This Almond Date Smoothie is not only wonderfully sweet, but also nutritious. It's a uniquely flavored smoothie that's a great way to start the day.
- 2-3 pitted dates, Medjool
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup ice
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
Cut each date into 4 or 5 pieces.
Place dates, almond butter and almond milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
Add ice, banana, and hemp seeds and blend until smooth.
Disclosure: Nutritional info is provided as a guide only and can vary based on brands of products used, measuring techniques, and cooking methods.
This post contains affiliate links.
Leave a Reply