Air Fryer Chex Mix makes a quick and easy salty snack. It’s like the Chex Mix you buy at the store but you get to control the ingredients and sodium level.
What I Love About This Recipe
- Quick and Easy to Make. Less than 10 minutes of prep time and then 5 minutes in the air fryer. Much quicker than making Chex Mix in the oven which can take up to an hour.
- Customizable. There are so many ingredients you can use for this recipe. In addition to Rice, Corn and Wheat Chex Mix, Cheerios and peanuts which are my favorites, you can also use pretzels, gold fish, bagel chips, and cashews.
- Lots of salty flavor. A combination of Worcestershire sauce and seasoned salt makes this a positively addicting salty snack.
- Keeps for a long time. This snack mix will keep in an airtight container for about 2 weeks.
- Make this snack mix sweet and salty by adding in some M&Ms or craisins just before serving.
- To make spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Air Fryer cooking times vary so use the cooking time as an estimate.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you will probably need to cook the Chex Mix in 2 to 3 batches. You don’t want to put too much in at once or it won’t crisp up nicely.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
More Air Fryer Snacks
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries
- Air Fryer Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Crackers
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
Air Fryer Chex Mix
Air Fryer Chex Mix makes a quick and easy salty snack. So much better than store-bought and you get to customize it.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups Rice or Corn Chex cereal
- 1 cup Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup Cherrios
- 2/3 cup salted peanuts
Place butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds to melt.
Add Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, and garlic powder and mix into the butter.
Add remaining ingredients and stir until evenly coated.
Place half the mix in the air fryer basket and air fry at 350 for 5 minutes, shaking halfway through.
Spread out on a baking sheet to cool.
Repeat with second batch.
Nutritional info is provided as an estimate only and can vary based on brands of products used, measuring techniques and cooking methods.