Air Fryer Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans make the perfect snack. These crunchy nuts are positively addicting and cook up in just 8 minutes.
It’s so much quicker to make candied pecans in the air fryer than it is in the oven. Especially if you are making a smaller batch.
My favorite way to eat them is in a salad with blue cheese and a vinaigrette. They turn a boring salad into something really special.
The pecans are cooked in a mixture of brown sugar, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, and cinnamon. An egg white helps adhere the spices to the pecans without adding a lot of extra fat and calories.
How To Make Air Fryer Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans:
Combine the pecans, an egg white, sugar, and spices in a medium bowl and stir until the pecans are evenly coated.
Air fry them in 2 batches for 8 minutes per batch, shaking the basket halfway through to make sure they evenly cook.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with oil to ensure no sticking.
- I don’t have problems with foods sticking in my air fryer. If your air fryer has started to loose some of its non-stick coating, you may want to use a parchment paper liner.
- If you have a 5.3-quart air fryer, you can probably cook all in one batch. If smaller, cook in two.
- The pecans will be soft when you remove them from the air fryer, but they will harden as they cool.
- Will keep in an airtight container for about 3 weeks.
- If you don’t like cumin, try using chili powder instead.
Try These Other Air Fryer Snacks:
Air Fryer Sweet and Spicy Candies Pecans
Air Fryer Sweet and Spicy Pecans make the perfect snack. These crunchy nuts are positively addicting and cook up in just 8 minutes.
- 8 ounces pecans halves, (about 2 cups)
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Stir together the pecans and egg whites.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir until evenly mixed.
Lightly spray the air fryer basket with oil. Add half the pecans.
Air fry at 300 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, opening the basket to shake it at 5 minutes.
Peak again at 7 minutes and every minute after that. They will burn very quickly if you leave them in too long.
Repeat with remaining pecans.
The pecans will be soft when you first remove them from the air fryer, but they will get very crispy as they cool.
If you have a 5.3-quart air fryer or larger, you can probably cook them all in 1 batch.
Nutritional info is provided as an estimate only and can vary based on brands of products used, measuring techniques, and cooking methods.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.