Keto Roasted Chicken Salad with Bacon- tender, juicy diced chicken thighs are coated in a mayonnaise-based dressing with bacon, celery, and pecans. Makes an awesome chicken salad sandwich served on Cloud Bread.
Roasting the chicken first adds so much flavor and using chicken thighs adds even more flavor. Because thigh meat is higher in fat than breast meat, it stays really tender and juicy.
The mayonnaise- based dressing is easy to put together but has a complexity of flavor that enhances this chicken salad over others. A little lemon juice perks up the flavors and adds acidity, soy sauce adds some saltiness, there’s a little Sriracha sauce for just a touch of heat, and Dijon mustard and sesame oil add more flavor.
How to serve Keto Roasted Chicken Salad with Bacon:
- As a sandwich using Cloud Bread.
- Wrap it in a lettuce wrap.
- Hollow out cucumbers and stuff them with the chicken salad.
- Use it to stuff tomatoes. This is my favorite way to eat it during the summer months.
- Use it to top a green salad.
- You can use almonds, walnuts, or sunflower seeds instead of pecans.
- Best to refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days.
- If you want to skip roasting the chicken (although I really recommend doing it), you can use rotisserie chicken.
There’s so much flavor and texture in every bite of this Keto Roasted Chicken with Bacon.
More Low Carb Lunch Ideas:
Keto Roasted Chicken Salad with Bacon
Keto Roasted Chicken Salad with Bacon- tender, juicy diced chicken thighs are coated in a mayonnaise-based dressing with bacon, celery, and pecans.
- 8 chicken thighs, with skin on
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
Roast for 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool. Discard skin, remove meat from bones and finely chop it.
Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
Add chicken and remaining ingredients to the bowl. Stir well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional info is provided as an estimate only and can vary based on brands of products used, measuring techniques, and cooking methods.
Recipe adapted from Keto Meal Prep
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.