Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan is a healthy, delicious way to cook an Italian favorite. The chicken turns out wonderfully juicy and crispy but there’s hardly any oil used. A little marinara sauce, and some mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese finish off this comfort food dish that everyone loves. Serve with a side of steamed broccoli for a Weight Watcher’s friendly meal. Only 207 calories and 5 smart points per serving.
Using an Air Fryer is one of my favorite ways to make healthy meals. I love how fast they cook food and how little oil is needed.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Start with 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut each one in half horizontally so that you have 4 thin pieces, more like chicken cutlets.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl. Dip chicken in the egg to coat it well. Then coat in a mixture of dry bread crumbs and Italian seasoning. (Or you can use Italian-seasoned bread crumbs.)
- Be sure to preheat the Air Fryer for about 5 minutes. Spray the basket with oil. Air Fry 2 pieces of chicken at a time. Spray the top of the chicken with oil.
- Air Fry for 6 minutes at 370 degrees. Flip over and top with marinara and both cheese and Air Fry another 5 minutes. At this point the chicken should be cooked through, however if your chicken is on the thicker side, it could take longer.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan is a healthy, delicious way to cook an Italian favorite. The chicken turns out wonderfully juicy and crispy but there's hardly any oil used. A little marinara sauce, and some mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese finish off this comfort food dish that everyone loves.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup low fat mozzarella cheese
- mister with oil
Cut each chicken breast horizontally so that you have two thin pieces of chicken. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Whisk eggs well in a medium bowl.
On a paper plate or in a shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning.
Dredge chicken in egg and then coat in bread crumbs.
Preheat Air Fryer to 370 degrees for 5 minutes. Mist Air Fryer Basket with oil and place 2 pieces of chicken in basket. Mist the top of chicken with oil.
Air Fry for 6 minutes. Flip chicken over. Lightly mist with oil. Spread 1/4 of marinara sauce on each piece of chicken and top each with 1/4 of Parmesan and mozzarella.
Air Fry an additional 5 minutes.
Repeat with remaining 2 pieces of chicken.