Skinny Deviled Eggs are a healthy snack or appetizer and are so creamy and good. These deviled eggs have a secret ingredient which makes them healthier and higher in protein– cottage cheese. They are lower in calories and fat than regular deviled eggs.
When you are looking for a low carb snack, you can’t beat these Skinny Deviled Eggs. Cottage cheese is a wonderful sub for mayonnaise. You still get the creaminess, but not all the fat and calories. There is still a little light mayo in this recipe, but it is minimal.
Tips for making Skinny Deviled Eggs:
- Eggs are easier to peel when they are at least 1 week old. Run cold water on them immediately after cooking them.
- Cottage cheese is lumpy, but using a food processor creates a very smooth and creamy deviled egg filling.
- Adding just a little apple cider vinegar really perks up the flavor of deviled eggs.
One serving of these deviled eggs (2 halves) only has 93 calories.
More Southern Appetizers
Skinny Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cottage cheese
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
Cut eggs in half and scoop out yolk.
Add yolk and remaining ingredients to a food processor. Process until smooth.
Fill the egg whites with this mixture. Use a spoon or for a nicer look, use a pastry bag fitted with a large tip.
If you don't have a food processor, use a fork to mash the mixture until smooth.
Nutritional values are provided as guidance only and can vary based on brands of food products used.