Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole is a delicious mixture of all-beef hot dogs, chili, and cheese. You’ll never miss the bun!
This easy family recipe is keto-friendly and gluten-free. It’s pure low carb comfort food and one of my favorite casseroles for summer.
Since I’ve started really watching my carb intake, I feel so much better and am down a few pounds too. Starchy carbs like cakes, breads, and cookies are so addicting for me. I find that my success on low carb diets relies on me eating plenty of foods that still feel like comfort food and this Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole really fits the bill.
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB CHILI DOG CASSEROLE:
- Brown the ground beef along with the onion and peppers in a large nonstick pan.
- Add garlic, cumin, and chili powder and cook 1 more minute.
- Next, stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and brown sugar erythritol for just a little sweetness.
- Cut each hot dog lengthwise and place in a greased casserole dish.
- Cover with the chili mixture and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake until hot and bubbly. So easy even a beginner cook can rock this recipe!
Try serving this casserole with sugar-free ketchup or sour cream and chopped onions. It’s such a hearty, filling casserole it paris perfectly with just a simple, green salad for a meal.
More Low Carb Casseroles
Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole
Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole is a delicious mixture of all-beef hot dogs, chili, and cheese. You'll never miss the bun!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar erythritol, Swerve
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a 7x11-inch casserrole dish. (a 9x13-inch will work fine too.)
Add ground beef, onion, and green pepper to a large nonstick pan and cook over medium-high heat until beef is cooked thorugh. Crumble it apart as it cooks.
Add garlic, cumin, and chili powder and cook 1 more minute.
Stir in salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar erythritol, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and beef broth. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Cut each hot dog in half lengthwise and place in bottom of prepared pan. Pour chili mixture on top.
Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutritional info is provided as a guide only and can vary based on products and cooking methods used.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.