Air Fryer Breakfast Stuffed Poblanos (Keto) are a low carb breakfast with a little heat. Poblano peppers are stuffed with a mixture of breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, cream cheese, and Rotel tomatoes, and then topped with Pepper Jack cheese. Such a spicy and delicious breakfast!
They are air fried until the peppers get soft. Serve with sour cream and salsa. So amazingly good and filling.
Eggs are a staple for breakfast on the keto diet and these stuffed poblanos are a great way to change it up.
This Mexican-style breakfast dish is worthy of a spot on your regular keto or low carb breakfast rotation.
TIPS FOR MAKING AIR FRYER BREAKFAST STUFFED POBLANOS
- Get the biggest poblano peppers you can find. They will be easier to stuff.
- Remove a small sliver from the top of each pepper, but not too much. Just enough so that you can remove the seeds and get the stuffing in.
- Undercook the eggs just a little. They will continue to cook in the Air Fryer.
- Air Fryer times can vary from Air Fryer to Air Fryer. Take a peak a few minutes before the short end of the cooking time to check on them. I have both the Ninja Foodie and Power XL Air Fryer. Love them both!
- If you don’t want to make all 4 at once, wrap the extra uncooked stuffed peppers in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
You won’t believe how easy the Air Fryer makes this recipe!
Air Fryer Breakfast Stuffed Poblanos are the perfect low carb way to start your day!
More Low Carb Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Onions
- Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Rounds
- Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Jalapenos
Air Fryer Breakfast Stuffed Poblanos (Keto)
Air Fryer Breakfast Stuffed Poblanos (Keto) are a low carb breakfast with a little heat. Poblano peppers are stuffed with a mixture of breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, cream cheese, and Rotel tomatoes
- 1/2 pound spicy ground breakfast sausage
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canned diced tomatoes and green chiles drained
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- salsa for serving optional
Cook and crumble sausage in a medium nonstick pan until cooked through. Remove sausage and place in a medium bowl.
Add cream cheese and stir until cream cheese is melted and mixed in.
Drain fat from skillet and scramble eggs in the skillet, slightly undercooking them. They will cook more in the air fryer.
Add eggs to the bowl with sausage along with diced tomatoes. Stir to combine.
Remove a sliver from the top of each poblano and remove the seeds and white membrane. Stuff filling into poblanos.
Top each pepper with Pepper Jack cheese.
Air fry at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, or until peppers have a the desired degree of softness. I like them to have just a little crispness left but cook them a little longer if you want them totally soft.
Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Recipe adapted from I Love My Air Fryer Keto Diet
Disclosure: Nutritional info is provided as a guide only and can vary based on brands of products used as well as cooking and measuring techniques.
This post contains affiliate links.