Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup is an amazingly delicious low carb soup loaded with bacon, Italian sausage, cauliflower, and spinach. It’s so creamy and rich tasting with lots of garlic flavor.
This low carb version of Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana Soup replaces the potato with cauliflower but still has all the flavors that makes this soup so popular.
I love that this entire recipe is made in one pot and can be made in just over 30 minutes, making it perfect for a weeknight meal. Leftovers reheat well.
HOW TO MAKE KETO ZUPPA TOSCANA SOUP:
- Cook the bacon in a Dutch oven until crispy. Remove it and set it aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter or ghee to the bacon drippings and cook a chopped onion until soft.
- Add 1 pound bulk Italian sausage along with 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes and a little salt and pepper. Cook and crumble the sausage until it is cooked through, adding 4 minced garlic cloves just before the sausage is done cooking.
- Add 6 cups chicken stock and 4 cups of cauliflower florets and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the cooked bacon on top.
TIPS FOR MAKING KETO ZUPPA TOSCANA SOUP:
- You’ll want to use a large Dutch oven.
- You can use kale instead of spinach if you desire. It will take a little longer than the spinach to cook.
More Keto Recipes
Keto Zuppa Toscana
Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup is an amazingly delicious low carb soup loaded with bacon, Italian sausage, cauliflower, and spinach. It's so creamy and rich tasting with lots of garlic flavor.
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups baby spinach
Cook the bacon in a Dutch oven until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Leave bacon drippings in Dutch oven.
Add butter and onion and saute for 3 minutes.
Add sausage, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, breaking sausage apart with a wooden spoon, for 8 minutes. After 6 minutes, add garlic.
Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
Add cauliflower and reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Add cream and simmer another 10 minutes
Add spinach and cook 2 minutes to wilt the spinach. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crumbled bacon.
Nutritional values are provided as a guide only and can vary based on products and cooking methods used.